Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Past and Taggin'

So today in JYC, we were reminiscing about Christmas past.  

I told the story of putting up our Christmas tree as a kid,
the day after Thanksgiving.
Always.
No deviating.
ALWAYS the day after Thanksgiving!
My mom was cool like that =)

I was always so excited 
and 
couldn't wait for that day to get here.

I was one of five,
so this was always a day of chaos and fun.
Love and joy.
It was family to me.

So for the page,
I built a little Christmas tree in the corner 
and
decided to journal on a tag.
Love.
Added banner and twine
misted and inked
and 
done.
I may add a few things to these pages as the month goes on,
but this page has such a wonderful vintage feel to it.
Love.

I do have a question though,
if you are doing JYC,
are you adding your #'s to the prompt pages?
Are you adding the photo prompts to your book as well?
I'm just a tad confused.
So far
no numbers on mine yet.
Thinking about adding them to the outside of the page protector.
Any thoughts?


Then in May's Camp Scrap
she challenges us to make a tag using Distress stain.
I have three of these,
so I used one of those and some other Distress ink pads
and some stamps,
a little embossing 
and 
voila!!
There you have it!!!


I hope y'all are having a crafty fun season.

Have a Blessed and Beautiful, Crafty kind of Day ~~

1 comment: