Friday, July 12, 2013

Safe and Sound ~~ Sketch Challenge CKC

So this sketch was quite the challenge for me.
I have found that I have a little trouble taking a card sketch
and converting it into a 12x12 LO.  So this was a great challenge
to take on. 

We live in tornado alley.  We live just 1 hour from Joplin, MO which was
hit with a F-5 tornado 2 years ago.  That was a crazy, scary evening.
We spent that evening in our neighbor's bunker.  So my husband,
who is an amazing builder, decided to build us a safe room
This LO documents our room being done and in place.
We haven't had to get in it yet, but we did have it all stocked the day of
the Moore, OK tornado.  

So here is the sketch by "the deconstructed sketch" #54.

So here is my take on this sketch.  
I sprayed a Heidi Swapp mistable paper,
and then I cut down this Amy Tan paper that was in my
CKC kit, along with this pinkish, redish paper that is somewhere
around the turn of the century.  Yep she's an oldie but a goodie =)


Probably the toughest thing about this sketch for me, were the diagonal elements.
This took trying a few different things, and then decided on this MME Washi
tape.  I really love the design element this lends to this LO.
It took me a couple of tries to get the title right.  I love these yellow Thickers.
They just make me happy.


Oh this boy.  I love him so.  He just makes it all better.
Better I tell you.  Whatever it is.  A smile from him and my
heart is melted, and a hug?...I'm mush, mush I tell you!  =)


Oh be still my heart Pebbles flower.  Be still my heart.
This ribbon was white, and I sprayed it with my Tattered
Angel's in Sapphire.  It is one of my fav mists and one of the
first I purchased.  I love it so!!!  I need to get a refill, please tell
me they still make this color.  Love it!!


I journaled on the back of a tag and covered the front of it with gray cardstock and stamped
it with one of my fav stamps, this grid.


So there you have it.  My take on this fabulous sketch.
It was a challenge, but a delightful one.


Have a Blessed and Beautiful, Krafty, Kind of day ~~

3 comments:

  1. The washi was a wonderful way to work in the diagonal elements of the sketch. This is a great layout. Sapphire is one of my favorite colors too, but I've had my bottle forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering and that ribbon is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We drove through Joplin 2 years ago (3 months after the devastation) I still can't believe what I saw. I'm glad you've now got a safe room but hope you never have to use it. Great page documenting the build :)

    ReplyDelete