Saturday, November 17, 2012

CKC November Project & Glitter Girl Adventure

So this is a little different November Kit Project.
Let me explain.....

Over at Two Peas, Glitter Girl has a challenge this week
to make a Christmas page without using any Christmas collection papers.

What a GREAT Challenge!!!

So what's a girl to do?
Well first, pick your picture,
and what a special memory picture this is.

Then a girl should go to her CKC ,kit for November and see what she can make work.
So I went to my Simple Stories Harvest Lane papers and looked to see if maybe 
I had a "B" side of something that would work,
and lo and behold,
there is a deep red, like a brick red polka dot on the back of the floral print,
and so it came out on my desk.
Then I grabbed a green cardstock from my kit, and started there.
I took my cardstock and got messy.
I used some Jenny Bowlin paint and my Mr. Huey's Mask
and took to maskin'
I loved that result,
so I added some Mr. Huey's Calico White,
and then started layering and adding all kinds of goodies.
I did pull out a couple of papers not in my kit,
but would work well on this page.
Then title and even part of it is from Simple Stories Harvest Lane,
and then added some white letters as well.

Then added twine and there we go.


I have some very fun pages coming (not Christmas =).
This kit has been my most fun and productive yet.

I am just loving this productivity!!!

Have a Blessed and Beautiful, Crafty kind of Day ~~ 

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout. Don't you just love Glitter Girls challenges? I still haven't had a chance to do this one but I really want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Way to rock out that paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job with the challenge - and what a great page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN page!!! I looooove the background and the way you've used the twine. Your photo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant page - love the festive twine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You very nicely conquered that challenge I would say. That page looks like it was really fun to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a go at that challenge, too. Although as I rarely buy themed papers (and just as rarely do Christmas pages in "traditional" colours it wasn't that much of a challenge! Your page looks great, especially the masking!

    ReplyDelete