Friday, November 30, 2012

Journaling, Camping & Scrappin'

I love the CHRISTmas season!!

I love celebrating the birth of our Savior with my family!!!

*****

There are so many fun and exciting things going on in December,
and one started today and one starts tomorrow.
started today.

And the challenge for today was to make something in 30 mins.
So I completed the first part of our Advent Calendar this year.

I bought the kit from Cassie over at Paper Issues on Etsy,
and then ran wild with it.

I mounted it on a 12x12 cork board and added tags.
Simple.
Love.



Here are some lovely details.
I cut a wide strip of paper and put it in the center,
and added lots of sequins, stars, washi and a button.


I stamped each tag with a fun Christmas stamp,
and on this one I colored it in with my distress markers.
What a fun bit of whimsy this is =)


On this one, I colored the stamp
with the Distress Markers,
blew on it,
and stamped.
I LOVE the results and will be doing this more.
I wasn't to sure at first,
but it worked just beautifully.

I added washi and twine to each tag,
coordinating with the row (top red, bottom green),
and edged each one with Vintage Photo.


*****

Tomorrow starts a new venture for me.
I signed up for Journal Your Christmas..... JYC byt Shimelle.

So I did some prep.
I didn't go crazy with prep.  
Kept it pretty simple.
But I have lots of things ready to go.....
embellies, paper cut, and a heart ready to journal.

This is some patterned paper I made on kraft with some snowflake stamps.
I LOVE the way this turned out.
And it was fun, easy play.
Love that.


I did some embossing on pages for my journal.
Check out this little guy.
I'm giddy.


I stamped and cut and now I'm ready to journal on these cards.
I'm ready to ink and write.


I've made LOTS of tags to go in my journal.
Here is just a sampling.


Numbers are inked up and ready.....
well at least through 25.
So I still have a few to go =)


I've been working on getting my desk cleaned off and ready for all Christmas for the month
of December.
So letter stickers are getting put away,
and more letter stickers are being put out.


I've been punching snowflakes and confetti.
Fun.

I'm having so much fun working on Christmas paper fun.
And tomorrow starts JYC!!
I'm so ready.

What are you working on in December?

Have a Blessed and Beautiful, Crafty Kind of Day ~~


6 comments:

  1. I just saw your link on May's blog and wanted to leave a comment...I have also signed up for JYC for the first time myself and am very excited about it. All the best as you enjoy Christmas in a new way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your advent calendar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is looking awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your advent calendar looks like a lot of fun -- tags are so great for crafting. (Saw your link on May's blog!)

    ReplyDelete